SM64 ROM Manager (Info & Download)
Hey, I have a problem with your program.
Whenever I click the "import model" button in Areas after selecting a level, this pops up:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at string Publics.General.GetExtensionFilter(File3DLoaderModule modul)
   at async void ModelConverterGUI.MainModelConverter.Button_LM_LoadModel_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
   at void System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.ThrowAsync(Exception exception, SynchronizationContext targetContext)+(object state) => { }

Any help? I'm new to the modding scene, so I don't know much.
First, this program has a typo (programm, should be program)
Next, it wont open (extended) ROMs, i mean it says its deleted. Undecided
Anyone know how to edit the textures? Like the HUD textures. Can't seem to find it, oh and I believe that the code to remove the lives is broken. Thanks.
(04-20-2019, 06:41 AM)FinalL0ss Wrote: Anyone know how to edit the textures? Like the HUD textures. Can't seem to find it, oh and I believe that the code to remove the lives is broken. Thanks.

If you want to edit the HUD textures, it would be best to use N64 Rip. Here's a download:
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5944

Here are the texture addresses for some of the elements:
Mario head icon(16x16): 00807756
Star icon (16x16): 00807956
Coin icon (16x16): 00807556
Power Meter (32x384): 00AD57EC

And the letters and numbers if you want:
Numbers graphic fonts (16x160): 00803154
Alphabet graphic fonts (16x384): 00804554

You can also go to this page for all the textures:
http://queueram.com/n64/sm64/textures/

I hope this helped!
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
(04-20-2019, 06:41 AM)FinalL0ss Wrote: Anyone know how to edit the textures? Like the HUD textures. Can't seem to find it, oh and I believe that the code to remove the lives is broken. Thanks.

The texture editor is in the level editor, there you will find all the hud textures and current textures in the level.
Really I'd recommend queueRAM's Texture64 tool over anything for replacing textures.
Hi.
I am new to all this Romhacking-Stuff and thought that Rom-Manager would be a good starting point for me.
I already made two simple Romhacks (both for Simpleflips competitions), but I have problems with some of the more advanced stuff.
For example I can't figure out how to add Tweaks (Skip Opening), how to add the MOPs or how to change a Star spawn location (After defeating King Bob Omb). (I tried multiple times but I always get Errors in PJ64 and the Game won't start.)
I guess I am doing something wrong. Undecided Or are those features not fully implemented yet?
I hope somebody can help me.
Excuse me, i cannot see my model at all, its not too big and i do not think it is too small but any help would be appreciated. (here is a link to my model) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14_Uqjp7...sp=sharing

Also it freezes my cpu if I try to load a Extended rom.
Hey, I have a problem with the save function It gives the error codes below. Please help!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at void SM64_ROM_Manager.General.SaveRom(RomManager rommgr)
  at bool SM64_ROM_Manager.MainController.SaveRom()
  at void DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.RaiseClick(eEventSource source)
  at void DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
  at void DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
  at void DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
  at void DevComponents.DotNetBar.MenuPanel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(ref Message m, MouseButtons button, int clicks)
  at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(ref Message m)
  at IntPtr System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, int msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry, Pinzinsel's site is down
For some reason my game crashes when I load Cookie Cake Land. I'll send ya the dae https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQcElfH...sp=sharing
Jalvin D.
(04-13-2018, 05:35 PM)Pilzinsel64 Wrote: Can you make a new version of ROM Manager with the following:
  • Add speed and height tweaks for all moves
  • Add a sound editor
  • More advanced tweaks without editing the code
SM64 ROM Manager
Developed by Pilzinsel64

Download:

The SM64 ROM Manager is a brand new all-in-one tool for SM64 Hacking!
You can create wonderful SM64 Hacks with it. Using the onboard Level Manager, you can create and modify custom levels, edit text using the Text Manager, and many other tools which you can explore yourself!

I've spent a lot my of time in developing this program, which is very limited.

If you want to report a bug or make a feature request, you can either have a look in SM64 ROM Manager at "Help" menu, or you can check my website. There are two links to form that you can fill.

Bug fixes and small improvements I will publish ASAP as small updates (third number of version).
New features comes with big feature updates (second number of version).

Here is a list of things that are already finished:
  • Level Manager
    • Create and remove Levels easily.
    • Add and remove areas in your levels easily (with up to 8 areas per level).
    • Change the level ID easily (if the level is replacing level 1, you can easily change that to e.g. Level 2).
    • Set up many level dedicated settings every time.
    • Set up many area dedicated settings every time.
    • Select objects banks for your level (Optional).
    • Import and Replace Area Modes
    • Export Level Model & Collision
    • Export Object Models
    • One-0xE-Bank-Per-Area
      • This allows you to move the model size limit from per-level to per-area.
      • That means that now you have around 1.5 times as much space for a single area as you used to have for an entire level in the past.
      • Down in this post, I explained the system of it, so the developer can add support for Levels with this system.
    • Very fast Fast3D-Converter
      Supports over 40 different 3D File formats

• Very dynamically auto-generated levelscripts and Bank 0xE
    • Water and fog boxes
    • 2D Camera per Area: Select Camera Preset 0xE and you can switch between 3D and 2D Camera.
    • Scrolling Textures
    • Choose Level BG: Custom, original Image or no background
    • Choose Area BG: Use Level BG or use a clear color
  • Level Editor (included in the Level Manager)
    • Edit your custom levels using the area editor.
    • Open it from the Level Manager by double-clicking on the level or the area you want to open.
    • Add and remove objects to your current area (more than 300 objects per area, can be extendable)
    • Add and remove warps to your current area (more than enough for your needs)
    • Support for More Object Patch by Kaze Emanuar.
    • History-Feauture (Undo/Redo)
  • Music Manager
    • Enable or disable "Extended Music" hack.
    • Rename sequences.
    • Change NInst set of a sequence.
    • Import Sequences (.m64)
    • Export Sequences (.m64, .mid)
    • Add unlimited number of new sequences (the game's maximum is 127)
  • Model Converter
    • Import over 40 different model formats
    • Select full colors instead of grayscale fror Shading
    • Scale your model using decimal values
  • Text Manager
    • Edit all texts and parameters in dialogs table
    • Edit all level names
    • Edit all act names
    • Edit Peach's dialogue and credits.
  • Custom Model Importer
  • Patches & Tweaks
  • Path Editor
  • Item Box Content Editor
  • Star Position Editor
  • HUD Options
  • RGB Editor
  • Coin properties
  • Tweaks
  • Global/Local Custom Model Bank
  • Global Behavior Bank
  • Custom Objects Manager
  • Custom ASM-Code Bank (for custom Behaviors)

FAQ and Information:

"Can I use my SM64 Editor made ROM with this tool?"
It isn't supported and never will be because there are too many bugs to solve in the ROM. Like the N64 compatiblity e.g.

But there is an experimental way to import your levels to a new ROM.
Just open a new ROM and goto "Level Manager". Click the arrow on the left of "New Level" and click "Import Level ..".
Then select your ROM (used by SM64 ROM Manager or SM64 Editor) and import any Custom Level that the ROM Manager is able to read.

"What happens if I edit the levelscript, geolayout or displaylist?"
Nothing. The SM64 ROM Manager reads the edited script and keeps the changes.

Note: After you changed something on the ROM outside the ROM Manager, you need to reload your ROM .

"Where are the Objects/Warps located"?

If the One-0xE-Bank-System is enabled, then the objects and warps are located in the "special" 0xE-Bank. This "special" 0xE-Bank will be loaded at parsing the levelscript and will be cleared at loading the first area. I can do that while the objects and warps will not be needed anymore after loading them. So, we have more space in the levelscript and for the area model, yeah!
If the One-0xE-Bank-System is disabled, then they are located in Bank 0x19 directly in the levelscript.

The One-0xE-Bank System explained:
In the Levelscript is an area table. The levelscript is mainly located in Segmented 0xE. So, the data for the current area is located at 0x19005F00 + AreaID * 0x10. The first four bytes shows the ROM address where the bank 0xE for this area starts. The second four bytes shows the ROM Address where the bank 0xE of this area ends. So, it is like a 0x17 levelscript command, but without the first four bytes of such command. But how do I know that the System is enabled? Easy. Just check the four bytes at 0x19005FFC. If they equal to 0x4BC9189A then the One-0xE-Bank-System is enabled. Otherwise, the 0xE Bank is per Level (as known from the SM64 Editor).

Please note: The One-0xE-Bank-System is not supported in SM64 Editor Levels (in converted ROMs).

"My Textures are offset a bit. Is it a bug?"
No, it isn't. The SM64 ROM Manager does everything right. The problem is your video plugin in your emulator. Many popular plugins does have this bug, such as GLideN64, Glide64, Jabos Direct3D, and some others. The texture is offset a half pixel then. But on a real N64 the textures are on the right place.
Read here an issue on GLideN64 plugin repository.

Any more questions? Any Errors/Issues? Any ideas or suggestions?
Let me know!
  • Ask questions
  • Explain errors in detail

Bug Reports & Feature Requests:

For Bug Reports please fill out this forular.
For Feature Requests please fill out this formular.

Credits:
  • Big thanks to Kaze Emanuar for coding some useful ASM codes, answering my questions and motivating me.
  • Also a very big thanks to all who supported me and believed in my new tool, which motivated me a lot.

Links:

On my website, you will find the changelog and download.
Other tools that I have made for SM64 Hacking can be downloaded on my site.
Subscribe to my channel to get information about updates or new previews.
Star 
(04-30-2018, 07:40 PM)kili Wrote:
rip da link no work
Huh
Tongue hii
(04-30-2018, 07:40 PM)Pilzinsel64 the editor keeps crashing the entire app it gets to the edit screen but nothing pops up then it crashes Wrote:
SM64 ROM Manager
Developed by Pilzinsel64
Public Beta-Builds will be available soon!

Download:

SM64 ROM Manager - Version 0.1 - Beta

Please don't forget:
This tool is still in Beta, so don't expect that all is working 100% fine.
If you find bugs, please tell them me.
Also, there are many features missing, wich will come with updates from time to time.

Also, Converting SM64 Editor ROMs IS NOT SUPPORTED yet!
Just because it 100 times better to start with a clean ROM.
But if you try anyway, you will get some errors probably.

Updates will come nearly every day.

And now, enjoy it!

For developers:
If you want to support SM64 ROM Manager levels in your applications, you just have to add support for the One-0xE-Bank-System. It is explained in the main-post.
I can't find the level editor. I need help.
is there a tweak in this app where i can disable the double digits in the hud? im try to remake the Mario 64 1995 Demo, but i cant seem to figure out how to do it
I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!..
Anyone know how to edit the textures with apk mod apps? Like the HUD textures. Can't seem to find it, oh and I believe that the code to remove the lives is broken. Thanks.
Love the new model support!