[Solved] How to adjust the radius on a Warp "Hole" object
I'm not using ROM Manager to make my hack. I'm just using the normal tools (SM64 Editor, Quad64, etc)

I want to change the size of a Warp Hole object.
How do I do this?
I know it's possible without custom coding since the Dire Dire Docks suction tunnel can be exited (into the Castle Grounds) from any part of the black square.
(10-02-2018, 09:19 PM)Super Watermelon 64 Wrote: I'm not using ROM Manager to make my hack. I'm just using the normal tools (SM64 Editor, Quad64, etc)

I want to change the size of a Warp Hole object.
How do I do this?
I know it's possible without custom coding since the Dire Dire Docks suction tunnel can be exited (into the Castle Grounds) from any part of the black square.

You can modify the radius of the warp hole (which is actually a cylinder) with B.Param 1. 

The height of the cylinder seems to be fixed at 50 units tall. You can modify this by using a hex editor and editing the two bytes at ROM address 0x65B22. The height is loaded as a float, so you should see the number 0x4248 (which gets loaded as 0x42480000, and 0x42480000 = 50.0). If you do end up changing this height value, then you must recalculate the checksum otherwise you will get an error with any emulator.

Incase you don't know how to convert IEEE-754 floats, here is a little table you can use:

Spoiler:
Also, the DDD tunnel doesn't use a warp hole. It uses custom collision that gets triggered once Mario is above the square. You can confirm it with either TT64 or Quad64.

[Image: ZSSnVTU.png]
If you want an easy way to do this, use Toad's Tool 64. I use TT64, and with "Warp Hole" objects, there is a "size" option. If you change it, it will get bigger or smaller. I have tested this and it does work. Hope this helped!
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
(10-03-2018, 12:08 AM)64Modder Wrote: If you want an easy way to do this, use Toad's Tool 64. I use TT64, and with "Warp Hole" objects, there is a "size" option. If you change it, it will get bigger or smaller. I have tested this and it does work. Hope this helped!

Changing the "size" option in TT64 is the same as modifying the B. Param 1 (radius of the warp) in Quad64.
Currently Making:
Super Mario Adrift - A mini hack of Super Mario 64 which I am making with the SM64 ROM Manager. Four 7 star levels are planned, and it will feature an improved camera, expanded soundbank, and at least 28 stars.
Okay. I've never really liked Quad64, so I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know, though.
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
Thanks so much guys!