Problems With ROM Extender, Editor, and Importer (SOLVED!)
When I first downloaded the standard Super Mario 64 editing tools two years ago, I was able to extend a USA Super Mario 64 8MB ROM with no issue. Now when I use it again, I open the ROM in Project 64 and it crashes. Even when I tried patching an extended ROM that I had a couple months back in Super Mario 64 Editor 2.1.3, it will apply the patches but crash the ROM when opened. Sometimes when I try to apply the patches and expand the ROM, the editor will crash once it starts the expansion. Can someone help me with this problem? If you don't know how to help, then could you give me a 64MB Extended Expanded Super Mario 64 ROM patched with the patches from Editor 2.2.3? Thank you.
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
I have an extended ROM, but I'm not sure how I should give it to you.
Try changing the memory size to 8MB in PJ64's game configuration if you haven't already
(07-06-2018, 04:15 PM)shygoo Wrote: Try changing the memory size to 8MB in PJ64's game configuration if you haven't already

I've done that already. Thanks for saying that, but I'm pretty sure everybody who plays ROM hacks on PJ64 should know that by now.

(07-06-2018, 03:18 PM)Super Watermelon 64 Wrote: I have an extended ROM, but I'm not sure how I should give it to you.
You can send it to me by making uploading the file via Hack64 and adding the attachment to a message. Thank you!
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
Feel free to link with an external hosting site like mega.nz - I'm okay with external rom links for now but I don't want roms physically stored in hack64 attachments
You can simply download either QueueRam's SM64 Extending GUI, or download the latest SM64 Editor and patch it through that. (Though I recommend using SM64 Importer 1.9.5s, I got issues with that Importer to extend the rom.)
I love video games
(07-07-2018, 02:27 PM)Jecket Wrote: You can simply download either QueueRam's SM64 Extending GUI, or download the latest SM64 Editor and patch it through that. (Though I recommend using SM64 Importer 1.9.5s, I got issues with that Importer to extend the rom.)

Jecket, read my post again and you will feel weird about what you said. In that post I said that I cannot extend it because it crashes once I open it. Also it will crash if I expand it and patch it.
64Modder Wrote: Jecket, read my post again and you will feel weird about what you said. In that post I said that I cannot extend it because it crashes once I open it. Also it will crash if I expand it and patch it.
Well then, check your dm's.
(And delete the private message after downloading the rom)
I love video games
(07-08-2018, 12:15 PM)Jecket Wrote:
64Modder Wrote: Jecket, read my post again and you will feel weird about what you said. In that post I said that I cannot extend it because it crashes once I open it. Also it will crash if I expand it and patch it.
Well then, check your dm's.
(And delete the private message after downloading the rom)

Thank you! It worked and the ROM got a couple things fixed in different RAM banks when I opened it in Editor 2.1.3!
Well then, this is then fixed and can be locked, right?
Oh by the way, you can only have 183 stars in a save file.
I love video games
I know, but it's actually 182. There is a way to double that though. I'm going to do 364 stars instead.