Playsound ROM Locations
During the summer, I also started a little side-project on the side in a quest to document all the playsound locations in the ROM for convenience sake, as I've noticed certain playsounds: last longer/shorter than others, are binded by one particular sound effect (cowbell being binded to coins, health meter, etc for example), have multiple sound effects within them (example: coin + it's a me Mario). Being able to change these playsound arguments can be useful in getting around these impediments that bring forth frustration in sound hacking.

Here is my WIP list of the playsound ROM addresses I've found so far:

Playsound Locations (In an arbitrary order):

Mario Screen "Hello!": 0x21F8C2
Mario Screen "Press Start to Play!": 0x21F8DE
Mario Screen Star (Pressing Start): 0x21F91A
Mario Screen "Game Over!": 0x21F992
Title Screen Coin + It's a Me Mario (credit to Kaze): 0x21FA3E
Bowser Laugh when you die: 0x5B5A
Coin (credit to Xeraclom14): 0x6216
Coin (Underwater): 0x6206
Enter Warp Pipe: 0x9056
Exit Warp Pipe (Like in THI): 0x1457A
Enter Warp Hole: 0x9062
Waterfall: 0xAB7FE
Volcano: 0xAB82A
Birds 1: 0xAB8FA
Birds 2: 0xAB90E
Birds 3: 0xAB922
Crickets: 0xAB97A
Sand: 0xAB9CE
1-up Sound: 0xAEC7E
Goomba Smashed: 0xB63AA
Goomba Alert: 0xBA522
Small Bully Grunt: 0xA61F6
Monkey Message: 0xEDF04 
Big Penguin Message: 0xEDF08
Short Bowser Laugh Message: 0xEDF0C
KTQ Message: 0xEDF10
King Bob-Omb Message: 0xEDF14
Boo Message: 0xEDF18
Bob-Omb Buddy Message: 0xEDF1C
Long Bowser Laugh Message: 0xEDF20
Whomp Message: 0xEDF24
Wiggler Message: 0xEDF28
Yoshi Message: 0xEDF2C

Free free to contribute to this list if you'd like and I can update it!
64Modder liked this post
This is really cool! What would this be used for though? I'm not saying it's useless, I just don't know what I can do with this.
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
(11-26-2018, 12:03 AM)64Modder Wrote: This is really cool! What would this be used for though? I'm not saying it's useless, I just don't know what I can do with this.

Changing the coin sound without messing up alot of other sounds in the game, or changing the 1-up mushroom sound to a custom sound effect rather than a sequence, or a custom sound on the title screen without having the coin sound. You simply do this by swapping a playsound with another one (with the Peach playsounds for example, because they're useless)
The way I find the sound locations is using the checksum.txt file and ctrl+Fing for the coun argument from play sound.txt. it has all of the ones that arent in that 8016f000 area listed.
And that's why I'm giving away 2 Iphone - X's. Subscribe to my Youtube Channel and turn on notifications to enter!
Blakeoramo, that's cool! I think I'll use that. Also Kaze, I think I'll look into how you do this too. It's simple to understand.
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
Super Mario 64 is awesome. I like reflex development games like Super Mario 64, CATS Crash Arena Turbo Stars Apk 2.26.1, Pokemon, ....... these mod games should be used by many people.