Incorrect depth rendering?
I'm new to all of this and plan on learning as I go so bear with me here.

I've begun using blender and the ROM manager, I feel I have a grip on using blender for basic geometry and texturing (using original Mario 64 textures)

I've successfully imported levels, however there is an issue I can't currently figure out where all the textures can be seen, regardless of if they are behind a wall, including Mario's model, which disappears when he moves over a texture besides his shadow.

I have made sure all faces are pointing out and triangulated but beyond that right now I am lost.

I've watched a number of tutorials but none I found describe or resolve this problem.

Can somebody put me out of my misery with this?
Ambitious newcomer, learning from square one.
(11-10-2020, 04:29 PM)SpaceRyan Wrote: I'm new to all of this and plan on learning as I go so bear with me here.

I've begun using blender and the ROM manager, I feel I have a grip on using blender for basic geometry and texturing (using original Mario 64 textures)

I've successfully imported levels, however there is an issue I can't currently figure out where all the textures can be seen, regardless of if they are behind a wall, including Mario's model, which disappears when he moves over a texture besides his shadow.

I have made sure all faces are pointing out and triangulated but beyond that right now I am lost.

I've watched a number of tutorials but none I found describe or resolve this problem.

Can somebody put me out of my misery with this?

I'm having the same issue. It started happening after I downloaded the update. I'm not sure if that's the reason though.

My older levels are still working fine. However when I try to import a new level, i have this problem now.
Interesting, is that an update to blender or the ROM manager you suspect?

I guess I'll hold off Console compatible testing for now then and just carry on learning blender tools.

Either way seems I've picked a good time to start learning this stuff again, it's a lot easier than when I first tried it in 2016.
(11-10-2020, 08:39 PM)SpaceRyan Wrote: Interesting, is that the an update to blender or the ROM manager you suspect?

I guess I'll hold off Console compatible testing for now then and just carry on learning blender tools.

Either way seems I've picked a good time to start learning this stuff again, it's a lot easier than when I first tried it in 2016.

I updated ROM Manager. 

Whenever I re-import an area model for a level I already replaced prior to the latest update it works fine.

However when I try to replace a new level I get the graphic issues.
Just to let you know, I was able to solve the problem by downloading a clean Mario 64 rom. And then I downloaded an older version of Rom Mangager (v1.10.6).

Unfortunately I will have to re-add all my object combos and warps.
Much appreciated, it was driving me mad yesterday trying to figure it out as I assumed it was just because I didn't build or texture it correctly.