SM64 ROM Manager (Info & Download)
(05-03-2018, 06:24 PM)Pilzinsel64 Wrote: Version 0.1.3 is out!

Changelog:
• Probably fixed bug that some people have problems at loading their OBJ-Models
• Updated Texture-Resizing
• Updated Collada-File-Parser (is not finished yet)
• Fixed a overflow-exception at converting model
• Fixed few other bugs

Hate to be that guy but I'd rather let you know than sit around and do nothing.

I tried to import 4 sets of OBJ files, all with different results:
  1. The file I already attached to a previous post no longer gives me an error, however it hangs when Convert Model is pressed indefinitely.
  2. I tried re-exporting the same model and tweaking the export settings. This file imports without errors, however in the editor it displays as a huge blob of grey polygons.
  3. I decided to try making a very simple textured cube in Sketchup, exported to .dae, and then exported the .dae to .obj using Blender. This imported and displayed in the editor. The texture was stretched strangely, but in-game it looked fine.
  4. After the last success, I decided to try creating a replica of the model from the first 2 attempts in Sketchup, and exported it to .obj using the same method. Upon clicking the file, I get an error that reads "Unknown Error at loading model" with no details on the error.
I've attached model 1, 2 & 4 to this post, and here are a couple screenshots that help demonstrate my issues too
Spoiler:

Attached Files
.zip   ModelsForPilz.zip (Size: 158.9 KB / Downloads: 827)

Messages In This Thread
RE: SM64 ROM Manager (Brand new all-in-one tool for SM64 Hacking) - Public Beta - by keanine - 05-04-2018, 11:15 PM
RE: SM64 ROM Manager (Info & Download) - by Ezakt - 07-27-2020, 03:00 PM