Quad64 v0.2 (Beta Build 5)
Alright, time to officially kill off a project that has been dead for months.

I originally created Quad64 back in 2017 because Toad's Tool 64 had many issues on Windows 10. It literally crashed almost every time I pressed the save button. The loading times were pretty bad too, due to it being made with adobe projector. I took what knowledge I had at the time, and created a modern open-source copy of it. I even added support for editing the other 3 versions of SM64 (Japan, Europe, Shindou). The "Quad" in Quad64 just came from the fact that the tool supported 4 versions of SM64.

But now the tool isn't really needed anymore, and I don't feel like working on it. We're moving on to source-based editing with decomp instead of the binary-based editing of older tools. The source code for Quad64 will always be available on github, and you can do whatever you want with it.

If you are not already using it, I do recommend trying out Pilzinsel64's SM64 ROM Manager if you want an easy to use tool to import and edit your custom levels. It has gotten a lot of features over the past year, and Pilz is a lot more consistent with his updates than I was.

Messages In This Thread
Quad64 v0.2 (Beta Build 5) - by David - 03-09-2018, 11:11 PM
RE: [Dead] Quad64 v0.2 (Beta Build 5) - by David - 03-07-2019, 10:20 PM