SM64 ROM Manager (Info & Download)
(05-18-2018, 02:20 AM)Daniel_EDC Wrote: None of my models will import at all. They are OBJs and they worked perfectly with SM64 editor. I don't know why they don't import, but hopefully you can get this stuff worked out soon because I want to make this my main importer.

A few people have trouble loading obj files.

Please try out an other format, like 3DS or FBX.
When I try to use extended obj, the importer gets stuck on converting the model indefinitely and the model does not show up in the preview. When I use normal obj files I get an index out of bounds error.

I can import using 3ds files but I would have to rework all my textures and vertex colors to get it to export properly so I'd really prefer a way to get obj files to work.
Pilzinsel64 liked this post
I'm trying to import a .OBJ file, and it shows, also accesing the level crashes the game.

Code:
InvalidArgument=Value mit dem Wert 0 ist für SelectedIndex ungültig.
Parametername: SelectedIndex

bei System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
  bei SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.ListBoxAdv_LM_Areas_ItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemPanelBase.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxAdv.ᬺ(ListBoxItem ۮ, eEventSource ᎄ)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxItem.SetIsSelected(Boolean isSelected, eEventSource source)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxAdv.SetSelected(Int32 index, Boolean value, eEventSource source)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxAdv.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
  bei SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.Button_LM_AddArea_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonX.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonX.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItemControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
(05-18-2018, 05:02 AM)Pilzinsel64 Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 02:20 AM)Daniel_EDC Wrote: None of my models will import at all. They are OBJs and they worked perfectly with SM64 editor. I don't know why they don't import, but hopefully you can get this stuff worked out soon because I want to make this my main importer.

A few people have trouble loading obj files.

Please try out an other format, like 3DS or FBX.

(05-20-2018, 06:48 PM)jesusyoshi54 Wrote: When I try to use extended obj, the importer gets stuck on converting the model indefinitely and the model does not show up in the preview. When I use normal obj files I get an index out of bounds error.

I can import using 3ds files but I would have to rework all my textures and vertex colors to get it to export properly so I'd really prefer a way to get obj files to work.

Please try FBX.

And If you realy want to use OBJ, you can enable the extended OBJ Format in the Settings, so "v nan nan nan" values and "vc ..." values are supported. But then for a few people OBJ will not work.
minor thing, but in the popup for the default start position, it says "cancle" instead of cancel - In case you wanted to beef up the change log for v0.4.
v0.3.3.1 Crashes when I try to load a rom. I've tried it with several roms, including a completely clean one.

Here's the error message:Field not found: 'SM64Lib.Music.MusicSequence.InstrumentSets'.

at SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.ListBoxAdv_MS_MusicSequences_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemPanelBase.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxAdv.ᬺ(ListBoxItem ۮ, eEventSource ᎄ)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxItem.SetIsSelected(Boolean isSelected, eEventSource source)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxAdv.SetSelected(Int32 index, Boolean value, eEventSource source)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ListBoxAdv.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.MusicSettings_CreateList()
at SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.LoadROM(String Romfile)
at SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.OpenROMFile(String Romfile)
at SM64_ROM_Manager.Form_Main.MenuItem_RecentROMs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.RaiseClick(eEventSource source)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemContainer.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemPanelBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Are there any plans to making this open source?
aglab2, and poudink liked this post
I just started using the ROM Manager instead of Skelux's importer and I'm having trouble applying the tweak to extend the 0x04 bank for importing new models over Mario's body. The patch takes a long time to apply, but when it finally "Patches Successfully", the game locks up in Project64 after choosing a file and gives a million "Unable to detect microcode settings" errors. Does anybody know how to fix this? I REALLY want to be able to use the ROM Manager rather than the older tools.
Rom manager ROMs have different addresses than the sm64editor, you can try to move the patch data a few bytes ahead in the rom using a hex editor
I am going to remove all the model importer presets and some tweaks that are deticted to ram banks until they are fixed.
Sorry that they even exists in the ROM Manager. I didn't try out every single patch before publish them.
Hey i've been using this app heavily and it does everything I want sans textures/easy title switch its almost all I need. The fix crashing when the level editor was open is great. I have a couple questions though

-How do I assign star # to each of the stars? I assume is 1 of the 4 behavior parameters

-Ive been trying to replace the title screen. I'm not sure the parameters to put in your custom object importer maybe you could take a screenshot example. So i been trying to do just that part with skelrux rom editor(without applying the patches just custom import), I have to extend bank 0x07(title) in your app to be able to replace the title screen in skelrux app without causing a crash booting the rom.
Only problem is after I extend the bank in your app and replace the title model in skelrux's its a blank screen during the title and has marios voice then the file select screen...tried replacing the extended title model too same result.
I heard this was a scaling problem but Ive tried all kinds of scales and following a youtube video that describes the scale he is using.

Heres a .dae of my title( n64 and rare logo from banjo different textures)
https://megaupload.nz/w9sci1j5b4/Kek64Title_zip

Any help would be great. Also will it still be hardware compatiable with a custom title screen? I don't have a console to test, and this game will run on hardware in the end.
(10-16-2018, 05:28 AM)Godoad64 Wrote: Hey i've been using this app heavily and it does everything I want sans textures/easy title switch its almost all I need. The fix crashing when the level editor was open is great. I have a couple questions though

-How do I assign star # to each of the stars? I assume is 1 of the 4 behavior parameters

-Ive been trying to replace the title screen. I'm not sure the parameters to put in your custom object importer maybe you could take a screenshot example. So i been trying to do just that part with skelrux rom editor(without applying the patches just custom import), I have to extend bank 0x07(title) in your app to be able to replace the title screen in skelrux app without causing a crash booting the rom.
Only problem is after I extend the bank in your app and replace the title model in skelrux's its a blank screen during the title and has marios voice then the file select screen...tried replacing the extended title model too same result.
I heard this was a scaling problem but Ive tried all kinds of scales and following a youtube video that describes the scale he is using.

Heres a .dae of my title( n64 and rare logo from banjo different textures)
https://megaupload.nz/w9sci1j5b4/Kek64Title_zip

Any help would be great. Also will it still be hardware compatiable with a custom title screen? I don't have a console to test, and this game will run on hardware in the end.

The extended bank 0x07 (title) tweak is not intended for ROM Manager ROMs, and you probably don't want to use it anyway because it breaks the end cake picture. 

P.S. "I want sans textures" lol just go to deviantart I'm sure there will be people there who will gladly make you some sans textures  Wink
Currently Making:
Super Mario Adrift - A mini hack of Super Mario 64 which I am making with the SM64 ROM Manager. Four 7 star levels are planned, and it will feature an improved camera, expanded soundbank, and at least 28 stars.
Thanks for the tip after struggling I successfully have a custom title screen running on a vanilla rom(not my pilzinsel64 version)

The trick for me was the rare logo is incompatible for some reason and more importantly set 21FDC7:00 from 01 or I get a crash in project 64 about my gfx card and drawing graphics error. If you remove the rare logo the n64 one is pretty much perfect scale and position imported at x500 and works no problem

Now the problem cannot be solved with my pilzinsel64 edited rom, the same settings it still crashes project 64.

The route im going now is just using skreluxs editor to expand the rom(no patches) put the custom title screen and from there edit it only via Pilzinsel64 manager see if that works. Is there a problem with this route hardware compatibility wise? Another route I thought was to use pilzinsel64 custom model importer but im not sure I have the right offsets and causes just a crash.

Picture of successful custom screen with non pilzinsel64 edited rom
http://magaimg.net/img/6h95.png

Picture trying to use rom manager custom import(unsuccessful)
http://magaimg.net/img/6h96.png

Edit: Rom Manager can no longer open the rom with a custom title it seems.

Edit 2: Okay i getting close to replacing it with just rom manager custom import. I set the offsets like the rom editor lists and get a scrambled model with incorrect textures if importing with pilzinsel64 model importer no matter the import scale
[Image: 6h9a.png]

I  figured out the 16byte offsets and imported via sm64editor because custom editor wasn't working even with 0x in front.

Works great on Project 64 and MAME but with Cen64 and real hardware i get a animated rainbow texture. I went through all  Fast3D display lists and replaced FC 12 7F FF FF FF F8 38 with FC 12 7E 24 FF FF F9 FC past A000000 as mentioned fixed custom title textures but it had no effect on the animated(?) texture

Looking at the  hack64 Wiki in the title section it mentions importing a custom title screen replaces 0x8016F984 with 0x00000000

Simply replace 0x00000000 back with 0x8016F984 to bring back the TM and copyright graphics. This also stops the rainbow texture from animating but i cannot figure out how to fix it for hardware and restore custom textures on the title.

Hey! First, VERY VERY MUCH THANKS for this tool! <3

But.. i have a problem.. i'v u start a fresh M64 Rom.. the rom extendet to 64mb.. but than i cannot go into Tiny Huge Island? Is there a way to fix it?

greetz
So, I'm new to downloading this Tool and unfortunately having an issue when I go to import model an collision files or a new level. Under the "Model Converter" Dialog box , clicking on either "Load" buttons returns this error [unable to load dll (module could not be found hresult: 0x8007007e)]. I am using SM64 ROM Manager version 0.5 with a clean never edited ROM.
Thanks
When I try to preview my level before importing it, the program closes. In addition, when i try to open the editor,the same thing happens. Is there any fix for this?
I'm having some serious trouble with this app, and it seems to be persistent from versions .7.6-.7.8
My area models fail to load textures, and the GUI of the actual program is not scaleable and crops out a lot of the right-most and bottom-most options.
(03-24-2019, 09:46 PM)cottonsquab Wrote: I'm having some serious trouble with this app, and it seems to be persistent from versions .7.6-.7.8
My area models fail to load textures, and the GUI of the actual program is not scaleable and crops out a lot of the right-most and bottom-most options.

Okay so I fixed the second issue here, somehow.
(03-24-2019, 11:01 PM)cottonsquab Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 09:46 PM)cottonsquab Wrote: I'm having some serious trouble with this app, and it seems to be persistent from versions .7.6-.7.8

Both of my issues are now solved
(03-25-2019, 04:19 AM)cottonsquab Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 11:01 PM)cottonsquab Wrote:

Both of my issues are now solved
How did you fix the program being cropped out on the right side? I need this also.