[Solved] SM64 ROM Manager: MOP not Working!
Just like everyone else, I'm going to be emigrating from SM64 Editor to SM64 ROM Manager. However, even though the program says it has MOP support, I can't get the patches to work properly. Every time I apply the patches to the ROM, it crashes in PJ64. If I don't update the checksum, it gets stuck in a permanent loop. If I update the checksum, it gets a memory exception and crashes. I've tried applying the PPF and then preparing it in SM64 ROM Manager, but no luck. I've tried preparing it with SM64 ROM Manager, then applying the PPF in SM64 Editor which still didn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Currently working on:
(To be revealed)

My PMs are open if you have any inquiries or questions!
(07-23-2019, 08:08 PM)Buggy Wrote: Just like everyone else, I'm going to be emigrating from SM64 Editor to SM64 ROM Manager. However, even though the program says it has MOP support, I can't get the patches to work properly. Every time I apply the patches to the ROM, it crashes in PJ64. If I don't update the checksum, it gets stuck in a permanent loop. If I update the checksum, it gets a memory exception and crashes. I've tried applying the PPF and then preparing it in SM64 ROM Manager, but no luck. I've tried preparing it with SM64 ROM Manager, then applying the PPF in SM64 Editor which still didn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

There is a special patch you have to apply to make MOP work with rom manager, note that this breaks all water textures making them invisible, there is no known fix for it yet

I would attach the patch in the post but I cannot attach ppf files here, so just join the rom manager discord and download the patch from there instead: https://discord.gg/uHdcvKp
Well that is... slightly disappointing. I might just stick with SM64 Editor until it gets fixed. Even if it is over a simple water texture. Thanks very much for the help, I might update this thread when it gets fixed properly.
Currently working on:
(To be revealed)

My PMs are open if you have any inquiries or questions!
(07-23-2019, 11:12 PM)Buggy Wrote: Well that is... slightly disappointing. I might just stick with SM64 Editor until it gets fixed. Even if it is over a simple water texture. Thanks very much for the help, I might update this thread when it gets fixed properly.

You can add water manually in the level model, it's really not a big deal, the MOP has always been buggy, even in the sm64editor.
What the Heck Is an MOP?