SM64 Paint
(09-03-2018, 08:42 PM)Jesse Wrote: what if you stop trying to diss each other and just simply tell how sm64/n64 graphics works and what his options are.

We aren't trying to be rude to each other. I'm asking questions and so is RobiNERD but everything we say is sounding rude. It just happens sometimes.

Thanks RobiNERD. That's good to know!
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
dont worry, its fine, also jesse im not being rude on purpose, because 64modder is my friend

so i apologize 64modder if i offended you in any way
You didn't offend me. It's actually hard to get me mad online. But I clicked on alpha only mode and right clicked on the spots I wanted to test it on, presses ctrl+z to see differences, it took a while to go back to normal (I added black before hand so I can see the changes) and with that, I thought that it did something. I saved and opened the ROM on PJ64 and I saw no difference. Am I doing something wrong?
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
either your combiner doesnt have SHADE in the alpha combiner into account, or you dont have xlumode enabled, or it could not be writing the data for any reason, so in the last case, try open rom in an hex editor and change the alpha values manually and see if anything changes
So, I used different graphics plugins and I saw no changes. If this may help, I can see the textures fade colors when I change it in SM64 Paint. Also, I can see the alpha fade in PJ64/SM64 Paint for TotWC but not anywhere I add it. I don't know why it's not working in PJ64, and I can edit the alpha in TotWC so I can make that work using SM64 Paint.

Could you try it out and see if you know what the problem is?
wait i think i know what the problem is, did you back up your hard disk lately? i think it may have a corrupted sector so it wont change the alpha bit of your sm64 rom, so you should look into buying a new replacement hard disk and see if the problem persists
Okay, that seems like a lot to do, and doesn't seem likely to be the problem. I'm pretty sure it's just the tool isn't working properly.
the tool is written in c# and its open sourced, so you could install visual studio and fix the problem yourself really, open source is really cool becayse it allows that kind of stuff! so i hope maybe doing that might help you somehow
I really don't want to get into all that and install a program just so then I can make textures fade. I'd just like to find a way to make it so then I can make things fade into alpha using SM64 Paint. I've seen it done before.
you dont even need sm64 paint for that, you just need hxd tho
Well how can I find where my texture is located and what each vertex is? Also, how do I change it?
try PJ64D by shygoo, its good for realtime debugging and stuff
I'll try to figure this out for a while. I'll come back on here if I need help again.