[Solved?] Unchangeble collision types with a Collision Map
I have a course that uses a visual map and collision map that are mismatched slightly (on purpose).
But when I import it, some textures have the default collision type.
Why does this happen?
I have done this before and here are some tips:
Make sure that your visual map and collision map are in the same position. (Scaling will be applied to both visual and collision.)
Make sure not to export textures for your collision map.
Make sure white faces show on what you want to see, and gray faces show on what will NOT be seen.
Make sure every face that you want to see has a texture.
Make sure that you opened your visual model first, and then your collision. (The Editor will open a collision file of the visual model, so you need to open custom collision separately.)

Hold on, I just realized what you meant. Make sure to apply the collision type changes BEFORE you open the collision. Or export textures in your collision file.
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.

"Hold on, I just realized what you meant. Make sure to apply the collision type changes BEFORE you open the collision. Or export textures in your collision file."

I'm not sure if I totally understand you.

I did apply my collision types before I loaded the the Collision Map. My Collision Map has textures too.
I had to redo all of the collision types in SM64 Editor. Then I imported it and tested it, but most textures in the game somehow ended up with the default collision type.

The course textures' still have the wrong collision type.
Since it's hard for me to understand your problem, please send me your obj.+mtl.+material folder+collision file and I'll check it out. I'll tell you what the problems are.
-Working on "Super Mario 64 Star Odyssey" and miniature ROM hacks with Loz Oot worlds.
Super Watermelon 64 liked this post
Thank you so much for spending the time to do that! Anyone can look it.
Here are the files. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ythdhiu5yc...Course.zip
I just found out what your problem might be. I opened your level and collision in SM64 editor, and went to the collision tab. I saw that you had duplicate textures of Material17. You may need to edit your level by moving some thing around. Duplicate textures are caused by it being used with texture mapping with drastic changes. By drastic changes I mean having one face flat on the ground, and the other diagonal but they are still connected. Since your level has duplicate textures, a duplicate texture will have the default collision type. One of them does: 20x32 Material171. So try to fix the textures.

(08-25-2018, 05:06 PM)64Modder Wrote: I just found out what your problem might be. I opened your level and collision in SM64 editor, and went to the collision tab. I saw that you had duplicate textures of Material17. You may need to edit your level by moving some thing around. Duplicate textures are caused by it being used with texture mapping with drastic changes. By drastic changes I mean having one face flat on the ground, and the other diagonal but they are still connected. Since your level has duplicate textures, a duplicate texture will have the default collision type. One of them does: 20x32 Material171. So try to fix the textures.

Also, the Quicksand collision type did not work on your texture, so use Sinking sand (with death)/ Sinking sand (without death) depending on what you want.

I have another thing to say. Maybe this is what it's doing: when you change the collision types for the textures in the collision map, maybe it doesn't change them for the visual map, and maybe it only counts the visual map? It doesn't really make sense but every other thing I've tried doesn't seem to work. If anyone else can help, I would benefit from it too.
Thank you so much! I'll try fixing it.